About Unemployment Benefits from Oregon
Do you find yourself out of work and unable to find a job that can sustain you? Are you having trouble making ends meet while you wait for your next interview? If you live in Oregon, then your woes may be over because you can now claim unemployment benefits from Oregon via their Online Claim System at www.workinginoregon.org.
Procedure for Claiming Unemployment Benefits from Oregon
To claim unemployment benefits from Oregon, you must fill out the Online Claim System by following the procedure given below:
- Open your browser and visit the following URL: www.workinginoregon.org. This will take you to the main page of State of Oregon’s Employment Department.
- In the box labelled “Unemployment”, click on “Use the Online Claim System”. This will open the Online Claim System Menu, where you have multiple options regarding your claims:
- Claim a week of benefits
- View status of weekly report
- Restart your claim
- File your new claim
- Change your address
- Status of your claim
- Electronic deposit
- Change/Reset PIN
- Make a payment
- Click on “Claim a week of benefits”.
- Read the “Claimant Advisory” terms and click “Continue.
- Click “Continue” once again to begin the process of claiming your weekly benefits.
- Enter your SSN (Social Security Number) and click “Continue”.
- Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number). If you do not have a PIN, enter the number you wish to use as your PIN when making your claim. Click “Continue”.
- Answer all the questions regarding your job, gross earnings, and work seeking activities, in the week before your claim.
- Select whether you are a part of a union which forbids its members from seeking non-union work, or whether you are on temporary layoff with your regular employer.
- Click “Continue”.
- Verify your answers by clicking “Verified”. If there are mistakes in any of the answers, click “Return to form to make corrections”, make the changes and submit your claim by verifying your answers.