If you are an eligible claimant for New Jersey Unemployment Insurance Benefits at www.njuifile.net, then follow the procedure outlined below in this article to claim your unemployment insurance benefits. You can claim for Unemployment Insurance free of cost in any state or territory.
NJ Unemployment Insurance Claim Application Procedure
To ensure that your unemployment claim is processed quickly if you are filing over the Internet, it is better to provide your New Jersey driver’s license number or Non-Driver Photo Identification Card number if you have one. Make sure that you have filled out the entire application online at www.njuifile.net before exiting as all your information will be lost. You can read the requirements for filing a new claim and security notice as well as look up information on filing/updating direct deposit, updating address/telephone, and claim inquiry at the following link: https://www.njsuccess.dol.state.nj.us/njsuccess/html/notificationIPAddress.htm;jsessionid=e12b52b1eaac4d8fea6cf26cc5247:KM8c
- You must have an Unemployment Benefits Online ID and Password to proceed. In case you don’t have these credentials, you must create an account. You must also have the following:
- Your SSN
- Employer information in the last 18 months
- Bank account information (if you want your benefits immediately transferred to your bank)
- Your Alien Registration document ( if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Provide your Online ID and Password to sign in and file an unemployment claim or reopen an existing claim. You will not be allowed to reopen an existing claim if you last collected EUC (extended benefits).
- You can file a claim online 24/7. You can also file a claim via telephone by calling the Reemployment Call Center between 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m., Monday to Friday. There may be restrictions on making a call which will depend on the last digit of your SSN.
- If you are a former employee of the Federal Government or worked in any branch of the military, you must file your unemployment claim by telephone.
- In case you want information on how to file an interstate claim against commuter states of New York, Pennsylvania or Delaware, you can file a claim here: https://www.wnjpin.state.nj.us/labor/ui/fileui/file_index.html
In order to be eligible to claim the weekly benefit payment you must fulfill the eligibility criteria. To receive your unemployment insurance benefits, you must file a bi-weekly certification (Request for Payment) for each week you want to claim benefits. This service is only available from 7am (EST), to 6pm (EST), Monday through Friday online. The telephone lines are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM (Eastern Time), including weekends.