Your Apple ID is your key to each and every one your Apple devices, whether it’s an iPhone or a Mac or an iPad. Without your Apple ID, or with one that is locked or disabled, you cannot access many of the features or applications offered by Apple. So, you need a working ID to be able to enjoy your Apple device to its fullest, which is why you can head over to support.apple.com/apple-id to learn how to unlock your Apple ID, or iforgot.apple.com to actually unlock it.
Get Help with Your Locked Apple ID
You can visit the Apple ID Support page to get help on how to unlock Apple ID. Simply follow the steps below:
- Open your browser and visit the following URL: http://support.apple.com/apple-id.
- Click “Apple ID locked”.
- This will take you to the support page for locked Apple ID. You can browse and read through the page to find the reason and solution to your problem.
Reasons for Locked Apple ID
Your Apple ID may be locked for several reasons, depending on the alert you receive. These alerts include:
- “This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons”
- “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
- “You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons”
How to Unlock Apple ID
To unlock Apple ID, follow the procedure given below:
- Open your browser and visit the following URL: http://iforgot.apple.com/.
- Enter your Apple ID and type the characters from the image in the given box.
- Click “Continue”.
- Either use your existing password to unlock the account or reset your password by using one of these methods:
- “Answer your security questions”
- “Get an email”
- “If you use two-factor authentication”
- “If you use two-step verification”
- Follow the instructions on screen for each of the above options to reset your password and unlock your account.