The TWC Unemployment Benefits Program is financed via the taxes of the employers and provides a source of temporary earning to all those workers who have lost their jobs without any of their own fault or wrong doing. The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) has the responsibility of collecting the unemployment taxes from the liable employers and makes the payments for unemployment benefits to the people who are qualified claimants. However, the TWC has an official process to address the problems with claims and the tax liability of the employers and disputes over reimbursement or contribution.
Instructions for TWC Unemployment Benefits & Request Payment
You can apply for the unemployment benefits program via the online procedure or through placing a call at the Tele- Center; however, you will require the following documents:
- You Social Security Number
- Start and End dates of Military Employment with a copy of the DD-214 (S), in case you have had a service record in the military in the past 1.5 years.
- The address and full name of your last employer
- The first and last dates with month, year and day where you worked for your last employer
- Pay rate (including the Sundays) and the amount of hours you worked and if you have worked in the week you applied for the program
- In case you are a US citizen or nation than your Alien Registration Number
The application process through the internet is fairly simple and quick however you are not eligible to apply online if you have worked out of state in the past 18 months. In other case follow the guidelines below:
- Visit the following URL in your web browser www.texasworkforce.org
- Then click the option for Unemployment Benefits and Request Payment in the “Job Seekers and Employees” option
- Then click the Login option
- In case you already own a User ID, click the option “Returning Users”. If you aren’t registered, click “Sign Up” for a TWC internet user ID and follow the prompts to successfully sign up.