SunPass is an electronic toll collecting online system, present in Florida. It was developed by the Florida Department of Transportation and was introduced in 1999. This system uses transponders with RFID technology to maintain the electronic collection of tolls. There are multiple designs, all with different techniques, which allow the vehicles to pass through the tollbooth with different speed limits, for example, SunPass-Only toll lanes, lets the vehicle pass through at the speed of 40km/h.
SunPass prepaid Pay Toll program, one can save time and money on the road while traveling. Besides the payment of tolls, you can also purchase or activate a transponder, and also release your vehicle registration stop. Therefore, visit the website at, www.sunpass.com and create a SunPass account or log into your existing account to pay your tolls.
How to Pay Tolls via SunPass
- Visit the website at, http://www.sunpass.com.
- Click the ‘Pay Toll Document’ heading, given at the top right end of the page.
- It will direct you to the SunPass ‘login’ page.
- Provide your Account Number, Username or the first 12-digits of Transponder Number, in the field provided in the login column.
- Next, you need to provide your pin and click the Login button to get access to your account.
- Once you are logged in to your account, you can submit your toll documents, update the vehicle, View Totals, and pay the Tolls.
- in case you forget your pin, click the link, ‘Forgot pin’ given at the bottom of the page ad follow the instructions further to get access to your account.
- If you don’t have a SunPass account, there is a link provided at the bottom of the login column, click that link to register for a SunPass account.
Other methods to Pay
- You can also pay via mail; the mailing address is also provided at their website.
- Or you can pay by going to any SunPass Customer Service Centre near you.