Apple has a new device every few months, whether it’s a new iPhone or a new iPad, or even a Mac, which makes it hard to keep all of them in sync. That is where iCloud comes in; it lets you update your information, such as your contacts, notes or documents, across all devices so you don’t have to do it manually each time. All you need to do is log in to www.icloud.com using your Apple ID. You can also use this website to reset iCloud password.
How to Reset iCloud Password
To reset your iCloud password, follow the procedure given below:
- Open your browser and visit the following URL: http://www.icloud.com/.
- Click on “Forgot Apple ID or password”.
- Enter your Apple ID in the first field.
- Type the characters you see in the image in the second field.
- Click “Continue”.
- There are several options for resetting your iCloud password, which depends on the security features you use with your Apple account.
- If you select “Answer your security questions”, answer the security questions and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
- If you select “Get an email”, an email will be sent to your primary email address or rescue email address. Simply follow the email’s instructions to reset your password.
- The “If you use two-factor authentication” option only works for trusted deviceswhich have a device passcode enabled. If you have these, then follow the steps below:
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Next, enter your trusted phone number.
- Selectthe option you wish to use to reset your password: “Reset from another device” or “Use trusted phone number”.
- Click “Continue”.
- You will receive different instructions depending on the option you chose; follow these instructions to reset your password.
- For “If you use two-step verification”, you need a trusted device along with a recovery key. Then, follow the steps below:
- Enter your recovery key and click “Continue”.
- Next, to receive the verification code, choose a trusted device.
- Enter the verification code you received.
- Finally, enterthe new password and click “Reset Password”.