Founded in 1976, by Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne, and Steve Wozniak, Apple has come a long way in its forty years. Apple devices are sold in all parts of the world, and getting your hands on the latest iPhone has now become the status quo of each society. However, to keep your Apple devices integrated and to get the most out of them, you need to have an Apply ID. And with an ID comes the trouble of forgotten passwords. But not anymore; you can now reset a forgotten password by heading over to appleid.apple.com.
How to Use iForgot Apple Password
To recover a forgotten password using iForgot Apple Password follow the procedure given below:
- Visit the following URL from your browser: http://appleid.apple.com.
- Click “Forgot Apple ID or password”.
- Enter your Apple ID and type the characters you see in the image in the given space.
- Click “Continue”.
- Depending on the security features you use with your account, the method to reset your password may differ. The methods include: answering your security questions, getting an email, two-factor authentication, and two-step verification.
- For “Answer your security questions”:
- Select this option and answer all the security questions with the same answers you provided while creating your Apple ID.
- Then, follow the given steps to reset your password.
- For “Get an email”:
- If you select this option, you will receive an email to your primary email address or rescue email address.
- Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
- For “If you use two-factor authentication”:
- This option will only work on a trusted device with a device passcode enabled.
- Once you have entered your Apple ID, enter your trusted phone number.
- Then, select how you want to reset your password: “Reset from another device” or “Use trusted phone number”.
- Click “Continue”.
- Depending on which option you chose to reset the password, you will receive different instructions. Simply follow these instructions to reset your password.
- For “If you use two-step verification”:
- For this option, you require a trusted device and a recovery key.
- Enter your recovery key in the given space and click “Continue”.
- Next, choose a trusted device to receive the verification code.
- Enter the verification code you have received in the given space.
- Then, set a new password and click “Reset Password”.