We all know the curse of the acne; those little red bumps all over your face and body can be a real hit to your overall self-esteem. People spend large sums of money to get a clearer skin, but you don’t have to waste money over expensive, often useless treatments, when you have these amazing home remedies for acne at your disposal.
Home Remedies for Acne
- Green tea
Green tea has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties which help fight acne. You can opt for the traditional method and drink a cup of green tea every day, or you can cool it down and use it as a facewash. You can also place a bag of green tea over the affected area for faster relief.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has anti-inflammation properties, and a 5% solution of it can help clear up acne:
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil and mix it with 20-40 drops of witch hazel.
- Use a cotton swab to apply to the affected area.
- Do not repeat this for more than twice a day as it can dry your skin, increasing the acne.
Honey is the best friend for people who love home remedies; it has loads of benefits, such as its antibiotic properties which can help improve acne:
- Take about 1 teaspoon of honey and apply it to the affected area.
- Alternatively, take half a cup of honey and mix it with 1 cup plain oatmeal to make a mask. Apply and leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse it off.
Chamomile can help decrease the inflammation caused by acne:
- Take 1 teabag of chamomile and open it to reveal its contents. Mix these and enough water to make a paste in a coffee grinder. Apply this to the affected areas.
- Or, take 2 teabags of chamomile and steep them in 1 cup of boiled water for about 15 minutes. Cool it down and dab it on your face with the help of a cotton ball.
Mint is excellent for getting rid of oils that cause the pores to clog. You can use mint to prevent acne from occurring:
- Take 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint and mix 2tablespoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (in powder form).
- Apply this to your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Then, rinse with water.