LogMeIn123 is an online website that allows technicians direct access to their client’s computers remotely. This works by the client downloading an app from the website, which allows the technician complete control of the computer for a session of repairs.
The app can be downloaded at http://www.logmein123.com/ using the steps mentioned below. However, it is very important that this website should only be used with a technician that you trust, as it gives them almost complete access to your computer.
LogMeIn123 has an experimental app out for Linux, an operating system. This app can also be used to remotely access another computer, a feature that was previously not available for users of the Linux Operating System, but it is still unstable and hasn’t been fully released yet, so use it with some caution.
How to get a LogMeIn123 download on your device:
- On your computer, open up your web browser, and in the search bar, type in the following address http://www.logmein123.com/to visit the website.
- In the field that says ‘Enter your 6 digit code’ enter in the code that was provided to you by your technician.
- Click ‘Start Download’. A small .exe file will be downloaded to your computer.
- You will be asked to confirm the download, click ‘Save File’.
- Open the downloaded file on your computer. If you are asked what you want to do with the file, select the option ‘Run’.
- Now, you will need to wait for the technician you’re working with to activate the session. This will give them complete control of your computer, however during the session, you may be asked to authorise some actions or processes, so make sure you select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ as required.