Ever since its inception in 1976, Apple has taken over the world of computers and smartphones; you cannot think smartphone with iPhone or computer with Mac. However, with each new advancement, personal information and data goes further online and towards cloud storage, and some people may not be okay with that. So, if you are one of those people, you can either make your Apple account dormant by visiting appleid.apple.com or delete Apple ID by contacting Apple Support from here support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169.
How to Delete Apple ID
It is not possible to permanently delete Apple ID yourself; you need to contact Apple Support and ask them to delete it for you. So, to begin the process of deleting your Apple ID, follow the procedure given below:
- Make sure you really want to delete your ID permanently. You can simply remove your personal or payment information to make your account dormant so that no intruder can access your information.
- Back up all your data, emails and files. Then, sign out from all your devices.
- If you really wish to delete the ID, you first need to delete all associated email addresses with your ID since you will be unable to use these if you wish to create an Apple ID ever again (the email address used to create the ID initially cannot be used again). Follow the below steps to delete the associated email addresses:
- Visit appleid.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Under “Account” section, click “Edit”.
- Click the “X” sign next to each of your associated email addresses.
- Next, under the “Security” section, click “Generate PIN” to create a PIN which will be needed while talking to Apple Support.
- Visit support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169 to find the Apple ID Account Security contact number for your region.
- Select the appropriate support number from the given options and call that number. Tell the support representative you need your ID deleted, verify your identity and confirm.