Do you have an iPhone, iPad or Mac that you use regularly? Or perhaps all three that you need to keep updated and in sync with each other? Maybe you’re one for the extensive collection of apps that your device offers through the Apple Store. Without your Apple ID, your smartphone is nothing but a simple phone, good for only sending or receiving messages and calls. To really get the full experience that Apple has to offer, you need to log in on your device/s with your Apple ID. And if you already have one but wish to change it for some reason, you can do that by logging in at appleid.apple.com and navigating to your account settings.
How to Change Apple ID
To change Apple ID, follow the procedure given below:
- Sign out of all the devices that use your Apple ID.
- Then, visit the following URL from your browser: http://appleid.apple.com/.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password in the given spaces.
- To login, click the arrow next to Password.
- On the next page, under the “Account” section, click “Edit”.
- Then, click “Change Email Address” under “Apple ID”.
- If prompted, answer your security question/s.
- Then, enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID now (make sure that it is not the same as any other email address that is already being used as an Apple ID).
- Click “Continue”.
- A verification code will be sent to this new email address; verify your new email address using this code.
- Click “Done” to start using this new ID.